IDENTITY FINDER IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE. This page has been kept for archival purposes.
Identity Finder is available only to 02 system parts.
Initial Cost to Departments
The cost of Identity Finder is now $0, but the Software Center still needs an accurate FTE count for any department wishing to use the software.
To place an order, an order based on FTE count can be placed using the form at: http://sell.tamu.edu/Forms/Departmental_Order_Form.php.
Renewal Cost and Expiration
All accounts: $0/FTE
Expiration date: February 1
Calculating FTE Count
All employees of the department are included in the FTE count, with part time faculty and staff counting as 0.5 FTE. Student workers and graduate assistants must be included in this count as well and will count as 0.5 FTE.
Note: Non-computer using staff can be excluded from the FTE count.
Students: Not available
Identity Finder is a program that helps scour your computer to secure or remove personal identifying data. The Software Center has both the Windows version and the Macintosh version available.
From the company website (www.identityfinder.com
Enterprise Edition CLIENT Highlights
- Enterprise Client is an easy to use client application that requires no server and allows employees to search for PII* across files, emails, system areas on their personal computers
- Agentless technology allows administrators to conduct remote searching
- Automatically find occurrences of personally identifiable information (including PII commonly found in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom)
- Encrypt, quarantine, or securely delete sensitive data quickly easily with the use of Wizards
- Analyze findings in an easy to use preview window display
- Aggregate all findings to a centralized location or Monitoring Console
- Generate reports that can be used to analyze trends and determine compliance with data leakage laws and privacy requirements
- Easy and intuitive enough for employees to use on home computers as well; step-by-step guides and interactive help are quick and simple